Chorizos and Melted Cheese
Makes 4 Servings Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Total Time: 30 mins
- ¼ lb El Cerdito Chorizo®, casing removed
- 3 cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 (6-7 inch) Corn or Flour Tortillas
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Cook the chorizo in skillet, over low to medium heat, breaking it up into small bits, about 4 min. or until well done. Transfer to a plate.
- 3. Grease an 8-inch oven-proof shallow casserole dish, then spread the cheese in the dish and bake until cheese starts to melt; about 4 min.
- 4. Remove the cheese from the oven and scatter chorizo over the top, returning the dish to the oven until chorizo is hot and cheese is bubbling; 4 to 5 min.
- 5. Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in oven while cheese is melting, or wrap in heavy plastic and warm in microwave.
- 6. Serve with the tortillas, as tortilla scoops cheese and chorizo.
We have maintained free shipping for purchases over $100.00 for many years. With the constant increases from Federal Express , as of September 29, 2022, free shipping will no longer be offered.