Skip to content
French Quarter Sausage
Makes 6 Servings
- 1 12-inch Prepared Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cups Arnold’s or Caroline Smoked Sausage®, chopped
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- ½ Medium Green Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 16-ounce can Red or Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp Ground Red Pepper
- Salt and Black Pepper, as desired
- ½ cup Cooked White Rice
- 8 oz. (2 cups) Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Plum Tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2. In a medium, nonstick skillet placed over medium heat, sauté sausage for three to four minutes.
- 3. Add beans, ground red pepper, salt and black pepper, stirring until heated through.
- 4. Spread bean mixture over pizza crust; sprinkle with rice, cheese and tomatoes.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for eight to ten minutes or until cheese is melted.