Skip to content
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- 10 Slices Arnold’s Beef Bacon® or Arnold’s Turkey Bacon®
- 2 cups Dried Onions
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cups Chopped Carrots
- 3 ½ cups Water
- 1/3 cup Red Vinegar
- 4 ½ lbs Cubed Beef Chuck
- 1 1/3 cups Converted Rice
- 2 Large Green Peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups Beef Broth
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1. In a large skillet, fry bacon until slightly crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and reserve.
- 2. Pour off most of the fat from the skillet. Add onion and sauté until nearly translucent.
- 3. Add carrots and garlic, cook for 5 minutes.
- 4. Return reserved bacon and add water, vinegar, beef cubes, salt and pepper, covering and simmering on low heat for 1 hour. Add more water if needed.
- 5. Stir rice in slowly, add peppers and beef broth, and bring to a boil.
- 6. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for another 25 minutes. Serve in warmed bowls.