Rice with Chorizo and Cabbage
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 lb Arnold’s Chorizo®
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- ½ Medium White Onion, chopped
- 1/4 Head Cabbage, shredded
- 1 Medium Tomato, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Long-Grain White Rice
- 2 cups Canned Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1. In a 2-quart, wide saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and cook the onion until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2. Add the cabbage and cook, stirring until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, oregano and salt and cook, stirring frequently until the tomato juices cook away and the mixture is nearly dry, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4. Add rice and broth and bring to a boil, uncovered.
- 5. Stir to level the rice, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- 6. Turn off the heat and let rice stand for 5 minutes.
- 7. In a medium non-stick skillet, cook the Arnold’s Chorizo® until completely cooked and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 8. When the rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and transfer to a serving platter or shallow bowl. Arrange sausage on top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
We have maintained free shipping for purchases over $100.00 for many years. With the constant increases from Federal Express , as of September 29, 2022, free shipping will no longer be offered.