Sausage with Fried Sauerkraut Casserole
Makes 6 Servings
- 1 lb. Arnold’s Kielbasa® or Arnold’s or Caroline Smoked Sausage®, cut into inch pieces
- 1 32 oz. bag or 2 16 oz. cans Sauerkraut
- 4 slices Arnold’s Bacon®, diced
- 1 Medium Red or White Onion, diced
- 1 Medium Granny Smith Apple, diced
- 2 tbsp Caraway Seeds
- ½ tsp Celery Seeds
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the bacon and onions.
- 2. Drain juice from sauerkraut and then add to browned bacon and onions.
- 3. Add diced apples and remaining spices.
- 4. Keep tossing or stirring until kraut is light brown and hot.
- 5. Place finished kraut in two-quart casserole. Place cut-up sausage on top. Cover with lid or foil.
- 6. Cook at 350 degrees F. for 30-45 minutes.
We have maintained free shipping for purchases over $100.00 for many years. With the constant increases from Federal Express , as of September 29, 2022, free shipping will no longer be offered.